Hilleater bikes carry a two year warranty against manufacturing defects. The warranty covers parts only, and does not include wear parts such as tires, brake pads, chain etc, except where they fail due to a defect, not as a result of wear.
The battery is guaranteed to have a minimum of 70% of original capacity after two years.
Intro to hilleater's Galiano e-bikes. Premium hub motor electric bikes for your commuting pleasure.
Introducing th...Intro to hilleater's Galiano e-bikes. Premium hub motor electr...
The refined Hilleater Galiano!
We are sold out of 19.2 batteries, more coming end of March. The new Galiano comes with a 48V, 19.2ah battery (36V 17.5ah battery also available while supplies last at a discount. With 36V, the bike will reach the 32km/h legal limit, but no more, and will have about 20% less range.)
Our goal with the Galiano is to offer a higher quality hub motor e-bike that is still reasonably priced. Commuters appreciate the lower maintenance and simple dependability that come with a hub motor, but most of these bikes use lower end parts. Assembly of key components like the wheels leave something to be desired.
For a few hundred dollars more we offer one of the best geared hub motors available, driven by a state of the art field oriented sine wave controller, and bottom bracket torque sensor, completely outfitted for commuting, or just day to day use.
Now featuring a 48V battery, this bike has the potential for the higher speeds of an S-Pedelec when programmed for off road use.
New! Available in blue, red, metallic dark green and yellow.
- Sporty 19" one size fits most (5'5" to 6'0") aluminum diamond frame
- 500 Watt Ezee geared hub motor. Smooth and powerful with hilleating torque.
- New! State of the art ASI BAC500 FOC space vector modulation sine wave motor controller. Smooth, efficient, cool running, quiet. Designed in Canada by ASI, a leading supplier of motor controllers to customers world wide.
- New! 500C TFT color handlebar display. This small unobtrusive display has info info that you need at a glance
- New! 780 watt hour, 15 Amp hour 52V battery using high power Samasung 18650 cells. Real world range 60-80+ km. (40-70 with the 36V 17.5ah battery)
- New! The battery now features a gold plated high current charge port, capable of handing a 6 amp output from the optional Grin Satiator charger.
- New larger 2.4" Schwalbe Super Moto X puncture resistant, e-bike rated tires. (except on the green bike, which comes with Schwalbe Big Ben Plus 2.0" tires)
- New! Round aluminum bash guard replaces the plastic chain guard.
- Torque sensing bottom bracket gives responsive pedal assist.
- Set up for commuting with full fenders, wired lights, heavy duty rear rack and chain guard.
- Top quality Magura MT4N-e hydraulic disc brakes front and rear.
- New! 10 speed Shimano Deore M6000 drivetrain with clutch.
- Weight 63 lb, 50 lb with battery removed.
It all starts with the battery:
We use the popular Reention removable downtube battery system, then we add premium Samsung 30Q 15 Amp battery cells. With 5 in parallel the cells are capable of delivering 75 amps, while we only draw 20 amps maximum, ensuring that the cells will stay cool, deliver great power with minimal voltage sag, and have a long life.
The supplied charger is a quality ETL approved XVE brand, and is fully automatic, giving a full charge in about 3-6 hours, depending on the depth of discharge.
The optional Grin Satiator charger is programmed for an 85 or 100% charge, and the option of charging at 6 amps if you are in a hurry. The 85% charge profile will extend the life of the battery significantly if you do not need the full capacity day to day.
We use the Ezee geared hub motor. It's a little larger than other motors typically used on a commuter e-bike, this means it will have great torque and an long life on the Galiano.
- Machined nylon high strength gears instead of the molded ones in most motors.
- Built to handle as much as 1100 watts continuous input power.
- The motor core has been upgraded to use 0.35mm laminations, giving higher peak efficiency and lower no load losses compared to other motors.
- High quality cassette tower built in. No cheap freewheels here.
- Larger diameter steel axle.
- New! We now use a Higo L1019 45 amp connector on the motor instead of the more common Z910 15amp.
The Pedal Assist System
We use a bottom bracket torque sensor. It measures spindle bend from the force on the cranks and also reads the pedaling cadence at 24 pulses per revolution, twice that of most BB torque sensors. The resulting signal is combined in the operating system, and your pedal effort is amplified in the motor.
We also provide a throttle for those times when you need a little extra boost to get moving from a standstill.
Fully set up, ready to go
The Galiano comes ready to ride, just rotate and tighten the handlebar, attach the pedals, and install the battery.
We use name brand accessories like:
- PC Plastics fenders
- Roxim shaped beam LED headlight
- Spanninga LED rear light
- 2.4" Schwalbe SuperMotoX premium puncture resistant tires.
- KMC rust resistant chain
- New! Upgraded Suntour XCM front fork with 100 mm travel, lock out and preload adjustment.