Hilleater bikes carry a two year warranty against manufacturing defects. The warranty covers parts only, and does not include wear parts such as tires, brake pads, chain etc, except where they fail due to a defect, not as a result of wear.
The battery is guaranteed to have a minimum of 70% of original capacity after two years.
Intro to hilleater's Galiano e-bikes. Premium hub motor electric bikes for your commuting pleasure.
Introducing th...Intro to hilleater's Galiano e-bikes. Premium hub motor electr...
Introducing the Hilleater Galiano ST!
Our goal with the Galiano is to offer a higher quality hub motor e-bike that is still reasonably priced. Commuters appreciate the lower maintenance and simple dependability that come with a hub motor, but most of these bikes use lower end parts. Assembly of key components like the wheels leave something to be desired.
For a few hundred dollars more we offer one of the best geared hub motors available, driven by a state of the art field oriented sine wave controller, and bottom bracket torque sensor, completely outfitted for commuting, or just day to day use.
- Comfortable 19" one size fits most (5'5" to 6'0") diamond frame with a more upright seated position. Adjustable stem allows you to set up the bike for optimum riding position.
- 500 Watt Ezee geared hub motor. Smooth and powerful with hilleating torque.
- EDS 30 amp state of the art FOC space vector modulation sine wave motor controller. Smooth, efficient, cool running, quiet.
- Dot matrix handlebar display.
- 626 watt hour, 17.4 Amp hour 36V battery using Panasonic 18650 cells. Real world range 50-60+ km.
- Sempu Torque sensing bottom bracket gives responsive pedal assist.
- Set up for commuting with full fenders, wired lights, heavy duty rear rack and chain guard.
- Top quality Magura hydraulic disc brakes 180mm front, 160mm rear.
- 9 speed Shimano Alivio drivetrain.
It all starts with the battery:
We use the popular Reention removable downtube battery system, then we add Panasonic NCR18650PF 10 Amp battery cells. Panasonic is a premium manufacturer of lithium ion cells, and is currently supplying Tesla as well!
The supplied charger is a quality UL approved ST brand, and is fully automatic, giving a full charge in about 3-6 hours, depending on the depth of discharge.
The optional Grin Satiator charger is programmed for an 85 or 100% charge, and the option of charging at 4 amps if you are in a hurry. The 85% charge profile will extend the life of the battery significantly if you do not need the full capacity day to day.
A note on Volts, Watts, and speed: Motor power is determined by the voltage of the battery, and the amperage of the motor controller. A 48 Volt or 36 Volt system can make the same amount of power (Watts into the motor)
48V battery X 18 Amp motor controller = A peak power of 864 Watts into the motor.
36V battery X 24 Amp motor controller = A peak power of 864 Watts into the motor.
The speed of the motor is determined by the voltage of the battery, and the number of copper windings in the motor. For the Galiano ST we use a high speed motor to equal the speed of a 48V system with a 36V system.
We use the Ezee geared hub motor. It's a little larger than other motors typically used on a commuter e-bike, this means it will have great torque and an long life on the Galiano.
- Machined nylon high strength gears instead of the moulded ones in most motors.
- Built to handle as much as 1100 watts continuous input power.
- The motor core has been upgraded to use 0.35mm laminations, giving higher peak efficiency and lower no load losses compared to other motors.
- High quality cassette tower built in. No cheap freewheels here.
- Larger diameter steel axle.
The Pedal Assist System
We use a Sempu T4 bottom bracket torque sensor. It measures spindle bend from the force on the cranks and also reads the pedaling cadence at 24 pulses per revolution, twice that of most BB torque sensors. The resulting signal is combined in the operating system, and your pedal effort is amplified in the motor.
We also provide a half width twist throttle for those times when you need a little extra boost to get moving from a standstill.
Fully set up, ready to go
The Galiano comes ready to ride, just rotate and tighten the handlebar, attach the pedals, and install the battery.
We use name brand accessories like:
- PC Plastics fenders
- Roxim shaped beam LED headlight
- Spanninga LED rear light
- Schwalbe Big Ben Plus puncture resistant tires
- KMC rust resistant chain
- Upgraded Mozo front suspension fork (not Suntour NCX as pictured