Hilleater Rapid cargo bike
The Hilleater Rapid is our take on a dutch style box bike.
Live the car free lifestyle in style!
The front mounted cargo box makes it easy to keep an eye on your passengers and cargo. (and keep them dry) With a chromoly steel frame and 200 kg payload rating this bike will help you go car free. It uses the famous Ezee geared hub motor with the Merlin FOC sine wave motor controller, and a Sempu BB torque sensor to give powerful, quiet, and responsive pedal assist.
This electric motor system will help you climb hills faster than typical mid drive setups, while being simpler to operate and maintain, with no extra wear on the pedaling drivetrain.
At a glance:
- 19.5" Chromoly steel frame, hand built in Germany.
- 200 KG carrying capacity.
- 500 Watt Ezee front hub motor.
- Removable 17 Amp hour 48V Sony lithium battery.
- Torque sensing pedal assist system.
- Shimano Alfine 8 speed internally geared transmission hub.
- Includes hinged fabric canopy with welded aluminum frame.
- Includes padded seats with seatbelt in cargo box.
- Weight with box, cover, and battery 128 pounds
- PC Plastics fenders
- Roxim shaped beam LED headlight wired to main battery
- Spanninga LED rear light wired to main battery
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus puncture resistant tires
- KMC rust resistant chain
- Hinged fabric weather cover with welded aluminum frame
- Welded aluminum cargo box with padded seats and seat belt.
- Heavy duty double kickstand
- Quality rear pannier rack
We use the Ezee geared hub motor. It's a little larger than most geared hub motors, and has strong hill climbing torque, especially when used in a 20" wheel as we have in the Rapid .
- Machined nylon high strength gears instead of the moulded ones in most motors.
- Built to handle as much as 1100 watts continuous input power.
- The motor core has been upgraded to use 0.35mm laminations, giving higher peak efficiency and lower no load losses compared to other motors.
- Larger diameter steel axle.
The Pedal Assist System
We use a Sempu T4 bottom bracket torque sensor. It measures spindle bend from the force on the cranks and also reads the pedaling cadence at 24 pulses per revolution, twice that of most BB torque sensors. The resulting signal is combined in the operating system, and your pedal effort is amplified in the motor.
We also provide a half width twist throttle for those times when you need a little extra boost to get moving from a standstill.